Skip to main content
Unbundled Legal Help
Legal Access
for Everyone

Connect with a More Affordable Child Custody Lawyer in Roseville

  • 10+ Years Serving 500,000+ People
  • Rates as Low as $500-1500
  • Payment Plans Available

We Will Instantly Connect You with a Child Custody Lawyer for a Free Consultation

How It Works

Complete Request

1 Complete Request

Your consultation is free and confidential

Complete Request

2 Instantly Connect

Talk to an Unbundled Attorney in minutes

Complete Request

3 Save Money

You only pay for the legal help you need

Why is Unbundled Legal Help So Affordable?

With Unbundled Legal Help you can hire a lawyer to assist you with the parts of your case you need help with, and then you can handle parts on your own to save money. In other words, if your case is a good fit to be unbundled, you will NOT be required to pay thousands of dollars up front.

Watch this short video to learn more.

What People Like You Say About Our Unbundled Lawyers

sectors/child-custody image

Child Custody - Understanding and Defending Your Parental Rights

One of the most difficult issues facing parents who are no longer living together involves where their child will live. The court refers to this as custody of the child, and the parent with whom the child lives is called the custodial parent. In most cases, the noncustodial parent will have ongoing, regular visits with the child.

Joint Custody

Parents can share joint custody. This does not necessarily mean that the child's time is divided evenly with each parent, but instead refers to a situation in which the child lives part of the time with each parent rather than living only with one and visiting the other. In cases of joint custody, the parent who has the child most of the time is called the primary custodial parent.


These decisions are important because they directly impact visitation schedules and child support payment amounts.

Non-Custodial Parents Can Still Have Decision Making Rights

Custody of a child is not the same as responsibility for that child. Many parents believe that if they do not have physical custody of their child they no longer have rights to make decisions impacting their child's life. More often than not, this is untrue. Most of the time, regardless of custody arrangement, both parents continue to share responsibilities for making decisions affecting their child's health, education, and general well-being.

Uncontested vs. Contested Custody Issues

Sometimes parents agree on a custody arrangement without the court's help. In most cases, courts will enforce arrangements that both parents agree to. A judge may even order parents to participate in mediation (in which a neutral third person tries to help the parents reach a mutual agreement) in order to avoid having the court impose the final decision.

If parents cannot agree to a custody arrangement, the courts do make the final decision, with the goal of doing what is in the child's best interest. There is no clear formula for making that decision, but a court may look to factors like the child's age, the child's bonds with both parents, and the reasonableness of each parent in ensuring that the other parent maintains a healthy relationship with the child. Be aware that the court can consider a broad range of factors besides these three noted.

Modification of Child Custody Orders

After a custody agreement is reached, circumstances can change in a way that makes it necessary to modify custody. For example, one parent may move, or it may become clear that the primary custodial parent is participating in activities that are not healthy for the child, such as drug abuse. In such situations, the courts can change custody orders.

Legal Help In Resolving Child Custody Issues

Understanding how all of these issues are evaluated by the court can be overwhelming in the middle of an already emotionally challenging situation. Your unbundled provider attorney will advise you on how to arrive at a workable and fair custody arrangement. Your unbundled provider attorney is familiar with both the legal and emotional challenges parents face in custody issues and has worked through them before.

Your provider attorney is helpful in preparing you for what to expect in court when you cannot reach an agreement with the other parent, and helps explain to the court why the arrangement you propose is best for your child.

Custody issues can be challenging, and that is why your unbundled provider attorney is an important resource to help achieving the best possible outcome for you and your child.

Frequently Asked Questions

Working with an Unbundled Lawyer could save you thousands of dollars. Since the consultation is free, and there is no obligation to hire the lawyer we connect you with, we suggest you give it a try! If your case qualifies for unbundled legal services, the starting cost will typically be between $500-$1500. If you need full representation, this will cost more. Yes, you will receive a free consultation with a local Unbundled Lawyer that serves the city you need help in. You will be immediately connected with a lawyer as soon as you submit your request. Depending on the time of day, you may be able to talk to a lawyer within a few minutes.
Most of our Unbundled Lawyers offer payment plans. If you cannot afford the starting fee, just ask your lawyer if they can break it up into a few payments and they will usually work with you. For over a decade, Unbundled Legal Help has connected over 500,000 people with lawyers in their area. Our lawyers provide unbundled legal services, which are typically a fraction of the upfront cost of a traditional retainer. With unbundled legal services, you are hiring your lawyer to help you with only parts of your case. Since you are paying for less hours of legal help, you will NOT be required to pay such a large retainer up front, unbundled legal services are much more affordable.

Ready to Get Started?

Click The Button Below To Connect With An Unbundled Lawyer.